Students are required to maintain an overall grade-point average of 3.40 in major coursework.
Students must successfully complete at least 12 credits of coursework in the following courses:
- CIE 745H Engineering Hydrology
- ESCI 654H Fate and Transport in the Environment
- ESCI 710H Groundwater Hydrology
- GEOG 673H Environmental Geography
- NR 602H Natural Resources and Environmental Policy
- NR 658H Introduction to Geographical Information Systems
- NR 703H Watershed Water Quality Management
- NR 706H Soil Ecology
- NR 730H Terrestrial Ecosystems
- NR 744H Biogeochemistry
- NR 765H Community Ecology
These courses will involve additional readings, writing assignments and tutorial meetings beyond those required for non-honors sections.
Students must successfully complete
- NR 799 Honors/Senior Thesis OR ESCI 799H Senior Thesis (4 cr.)
This requirement involves conducting an independent research project under the direction and guidance of an Environmental Sciences faculty member. This requirement will include a public presentation of the research and a written thesis accepted by the faculty advisor and program coordinator.